Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No, THIS Is Why Billmon's the Best

The Boy is pushing Billlmon's Orwell montage. I'm saying you should make sure you read this one on global warming. It's typical brilliance so read it all. Here's the money quote, though.

This is the kind of news that really tempts me to give up blogging, quit my job, abandon my family and go look for a good Zen Buddhist monastary in which to contemplate eternity while awaiting the end.

Or, at the very least, maybe I should put a disclaimer at the beginning of each Whiskey Bar post saying something like:

"While the political and/or economic topics discussed herein could be very important, it's also possible that they don't matter jack squat because the world as you and I know it is about to be parboiled."

Of course, this is what we've been saying. But we're not Billmon.