Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Betty La Fea (Ugly Betty) Mas Bella Update XXXIII

I've dried my tears and can now report. Salma (!!!!) is pregnant. My wife is smiling. Guess I'll keep her anyhow. No point in dumping her now. . . . "La Fea" is still trumping some of the main networks' efforts. Last week, among the 18-49 year olds, "At 8 p.m. Fox led with a 10.9 for “American Idol,” followed by a 2.6 for CBS for a repeat of “NCIS.” Univision was third that hour with a 2.3 for “La Fea Mas Bella,” NBC fourth with a 2.2 for “Dateline,” CW fifth with a 2.0 for “Gilmore Girls” and ABC sixth with a 1.7 for a repeat of “America’s Funniest Home Videos.” Just imagine what "Betty La Fea" would have done the first time through. . . . For those of you who want a cross between "Jackass" and "Ugly Betty," go look at the contestants in an "Ugly Betty" contest. (Just a friendly tip--do not digest large amounts of alcohol or creamy food before viewing.) The one called "Alex" apparently won. I'm so proud of my nation. . . . Finally, I've avoided linking to some bitchy stories citing anonymous "Ugly Betty" sources saying that America Ferrara is an immature diva who can't get along with anyone on the set. Well, if that's true, then maybe it's the "anyone on the set" who has the problem. For her part, America is promoting independent Latino films and film festivals, continuing to give back and build her community. I'm taking her side until someone non-anonymous I trust tells me not to. In the meantime, please excuse me. I have to go get another kleenex. The thoughts of Salma . . . it's just too much . . . .