Monday, August 28, 2006

Unbelievable

Correction: totally believable.

The electoral court has dismissed all of the complaints filed in the recent election.

Considering that some of those involved precincts where ballots were completely missing, precincts with massive miscounts, and a shift of roughly 0.25% of the vote just from the recount, I don't see how the PRD can view it as anything except a corrupt decision. The court will annul a few precincts, but it is chopping down a couple of trees while pretending there's no forest.

I thought they would at least scold the PAN, to give some appearance of impartiality.

I can't read Spanish, and I can't find a word about it on cnn.com (but thank god they're covering every ounce of the new Jon-Benet developments...Nancy Grace's head probably just exploded), so I'll have to take Charles' word for it. Sad day in the land of telenovelas.