Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Buck Stops...with the Arabian Horse Dude.

From Digby...

Isn't this rich?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The former emergency management chief who quit amid widespread criticism over his handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina said he received an e-mail before his resignation stating President Bush was glad to see the Oval Office had dodged most of the criticism.

...

The September 2005 e-mail reads: "I did hear of one reference to you, at the Cabinet meeting yesterday. I wasn't there, but I heard someone commented that the press was sure beating up on Mike Brown, to which the president replied, 'I'd rather they beat up on him than me or Chertoff.'

"The sender adds, "Congratulations on doing a great job of diverting hostile fire away from the leader."
Leadership. Courage. Dubya.