Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hummina hummina...

Via Avedon, I find this mind-bending quote from Tom DeLay:

"I'm going to shock you on two levels. One is I think the real Person of the Year ought to be Nancy Pelosi....I think it's unfortunate that you said I created the culture in Washington. The Democrats, when they lost power, it was like, as John said, it was like losing your plantation - they refused to work with the Republican majority. Back in the good old days they always talk about the Republican minority mindset like the slaves of the plantation and as long as they kept that, the Democrats, they all got along. It's when things got up and changed that we all got more partisan. Nancy Pelosi, I have to give her credit."
For once, I agree with Tom. That DID shock me on two levels. I could ponder over this for 24 hours, and it would still shock me. But instead of letting this quote drive me insane, I’ll just stop talking about it. Just had to share.