Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Prediction Time...

...well, now that berlin niebuhr has concocted his perfect brew of realistic conspiracy theories and The Butterfly has demanded her TV (and phones...and radio...) back, I guess it's time for me to weigh in on what I think will go down tomorrow (and the weeks that follow).

House

I predict Dems (eventually) end up at 227-208. Not the demolition some predict/hope for, but good enough.

Senate

Hawaii, New Mexico, West Virginia, Delaware, North Dakota, New York, California, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Florida, Nebraska easy to Dems.

Nevada, Utah, Texas, Mississippi, Indiana, Maine, Wyoming easy to Reps.

Vermont easy to Indy Sanders.


Ohio: Sherrod "Not As Good As Paul Hackett, But Not as Bad as Dewine" Brown (D) beats Dewine

Rhode Island: Whitehouse (D) beats Chafee (though closer than the polls say)

Pennsylvania: Casey (D) trounces ManDog

Montana: Jon "Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam Loves Me, So I Must Kick Ass" Tester (D) wins by 4-6

Virginia: Sigh. I love Virginia...it's one of the prettiest states I've ever seen, and Charlottesville's one of my favorite places in the world. But until they throw the bigot out of office, I can't totally believe they will throw the bigot out of office. Allen (R) over Webb (barely).

Tennessee: Corker (R) over Ford. When racist advertising stops working, there will be no more racist advertising.

Arizona: Kyl (R) by 9.

Maryland: Cardin (D) easy.

New Jersey: Menendez (D) easy.

Washington: Cantwell (D) easy.

Michigan: Stabenow (D) easy.

Connecticut: Lieberman (SCUM) by 7.


And finally...Missouri: Talent over McCaskill by 2. Claire's made it closer than I thought she would, and I think she's made it close enough that the stem cell measure passes pretty comfortably (which is a major victory in and of itself), but I'm down enough on my home state that they'll have to prove something to me before I believe again...

Unless I'm counting wrong, that makes it a 50-48-2 (R) prediction...