Saturday, February 24, 2007

And I meant to post this yesterday...

...Joementum is threatening to switch sides if Democrats vote with the will of the people. Boo hoo. Yesterday BooMan did a nice job of pointing out that Dems won’t lose control over anything if he switches teams, and in fact his switch would open the door for real chairs of certain committees.

Lieberman is currently responsible for oversight into the executive department, their organization, and their compliance with international organizations of which the United States is a member. This gets into the heart of the unitary executive theory. I don't know how aggressive Daniel Akaka would be in this role. But he'd have to be a more reliable and effective investigator than Lieberman.
Now would be the best possible time to cut this whore loose. Instead of Joementum pulling Dems around on a string, exchanging threats for leadership positions, Dems would have been playing Joementum for leadership positions, then letting him jump once they got what they wanted from him. I like that. In other words, with my head and my heart, I can now say to Joementum, don't let the door knob hit you on the way out.