Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Music Bullets, 3-28-07

  • Modest Mouse has a #1 album. That didn’t sound right, so I’ll say it again. Modest Mouse has a #1 album. Occasionally, this world can be pretty cool.

  • The Roots, Mos Def, Nas, Rage Against the Machine, Wu-Tang, Immortal Technique, Public Enemy, Blackalicious, and Good Nonsense favorite Brother Ali at the same festival?

  • Harp Magazine, which is a pretty consistently good read, has a nice profile of Austin City Limits (via largehearted boy, of course). Gotta love the staying power of that show...granted, you get the occasional Coldplay, but I’ve seen Wilco, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Dixie Chicks, Rilo Kiley, and Bright Eyes (among others) on that show in the last couple of years...and now I get to watch it in HD! Winner winner!

  • And finally, it’s a new Guster Road Journal! That’s always cause for celebration. I’d have bought their book of old road journals if I hadn’t already read them all. Good ol’ fecalscope...