Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I hereby announce that I am starting a memoir...

Digby has a piece about Bob Shrum’s upcoming memoir and the role the Shrums and Carvilles played in losing, well, most recent elections. Really, I should write a memoir too...as far as I can tell, I’ve had as much success in electing presidents as Shrum has...

Kerry voted for Bush’s Iraq war resolution, following the “guidance” offered by Democracy Corps, a non-profit “dedicated to making the government of the United States more responsive to the American people.”

On October 3, 2002, prior to the Iraq war resolution votes, Democracy Corps (founded in 1999 by James Carville, Stan Greenberg and Bob Shrum) advised Capitol Hill Democrats: “This decision [to support or oppose an Iraq war resolution] will take place in a setting where voters, by 10 points, prefer to vote for a member who supports a resolution to authorize force (50 to 40 percent).”

So I don't have to waste the time, Digby goes ahead and points out that if the war went well, people were going to vote for Bush anyway, so nobody scored any political points for this horrid, immoral vote that helped to kill hundreds of thousands of people.