Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sudden Death for "Friday Night Lights"?

I haven’t watched this much because I haven’t wanted or needed my time sucked into yet another tv show. However, as this post makes clear, the few times anyone watches “Friday Night Lights,” they come away gobsmacked that something of that quality is possible on network television. It’s apparently in serious trouble ratings-wise, so I’m not sure what good a rally cry would be at this point. Let’s just hope a ray of sense breaks in on NBC execs. Either renew the show and let it build an audience over the summer like “Cheers” did (maybe) or let the producers know in time so the writers can prepare a finale that will be worthy of everything they and the cast have done to this point. I still miss “Sports Night.” Maybe it’s good I didn’t watch “FNL.”