Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Link Roundup and Random Thoughts

- Okay, I totally and completely stole this idea from Observer’s post about GOP 2006 slogans, but I’m thinking a good bumper for lefties would be, simply “Is It Still Bill Clinton’s Fault?” Granted, it’s no “Don’t Blame Me, I Voted for Willie Nelson”, but it’s got potential.

- In his attempt to shore up two bases, I’m pretty sure Johnny’s going to lose them both. Here’s to hoping, anyway.

- Blogs may be unstoppable, but is it too late to start one? We sure hope not (h/t Avedon Carol)...

- Don’t want to be an Ugly American? Try listening. And shutting up occasionally. Who knew?

- If the blog ‘revolution’ accomplishes anything, I think the death of celebrity punditry would be the one thing I’d wish for. Had to gall them to no end that Markos has gotten editorials published in a few different major papers now.

- If you’re going to reference the audacity of magazine covers, at least choose magazine covers that are actually, you know, audacious. Seriously...the SI Swimsuit Edition? Hello...have you never heard of Maxim? Stuff? FHM? - And finally, in the “I’ll take my ball and go home” category, every once in a while I need a reminder that, while national politicians are petty, conniving little creatures, state-level politicians are those petty, conniving little creatures in junior high.