Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lunch

Today for lunch I had a Tandoori Chicken & Spinach bowl from Trader Joe's. (I should disclose that I work at Trader Joe's, and yes, it's a shameless plug.) I also had some dried fruit and an energy bar.

To drink, I had water. Which is pretty typical. I drink water for almost every lunch and at least half my dinners. I also try to drink a litre throughout the day. Many of you will think that amount of water seems excessive, but it isn't. In fact, I barely get the minimum recommended amount in (2 litres a day).

The fact is, we are a mildly dehydrated society. Seriously. Since I've become a regimented water drinker, I often wonder how people get through the day without it. I hear people bitch about headaches and being tired ("I know what will fix that: caffeine!" they say) when they are probably just thirsty. Did you know that by the time your body tells you it's thirsty, you're already really dehydrated? And if you still ignore it, your body will tell you it's hungry, even though it really just wants the water in the food. Talk about filler calories.

So, as to keep this rant to a bearable level (too late?), drink some water kids. You'd be surprised at how fast it becomes a habit, with positive results.