Thursday, May 17, 2007

A few words about season finales...

...watched The Office and Smallville tonight. Gotta say, both were absolutely fantastic. About Smallville...this is turning into The Butterfly's favorite show, so I've taken the necessary steps to get into it too--turns out it actually is a very good show--and all I ask for from it is creativity and entertainment. All the rumors were saying that some major cast member was going to die. And in the commercials throughout the week, it was very obviously Lana (Kristin Kreuk) getting into a car, and the car blowing up. All I wanted was for something other than that to happen--I absolutely loathe the habit (started by NBC, I believe) of showing the giant surprise in the commercials. If a major cast member is going to die, I don't want to know who it's going to be beforehand. Surprise me.

Well, they surprised me.

(Warning: spoiler after the 'Read More')

They killed everybody.

Well, not exactly. It really was Lana in the car that blows up--halfway through the episode--and I was pretty pissed off about it. However, you don't actually see her dead body or anything...meaning, knowing this show, there's at least a 50/50 chance that she's not actually dead. But when the episode ended 30 minutes later, it was possible that any (or all) of Lana, Clark, Lois, Chloe, and Lionel (pretty much everybody but Lex...who was busy getting arrested) could be dead when the next season ends. Creativity? Check. Entertainment? Check. Nice cliffhanger, I must say.

I must also say, I enjoy this show more than The Butterfly's other major love, Buffy. But don't tell her I said that.

And I also don't want to give the impression that, by pulling off a strong cliffhanger, the CW's off the hook for this. There will still be hell to pay.

Add to Technorati Favorites del.icio.us