Wednesday, May 30, 2007

An SNL Note...

...I read Bill Simmons' day-long chats (so you don't have to), and I found a quote I wanted to pass along...


Davs (Washington, DC): Hey Bill, doesn't Kristen Wiig have to go down as the hottest female cast member in SNL history? i mean, seriously, who else is even in the running?

Bill Simmons: Hmmmm... that's a great point. I always thought Victoria Jackson was kinda cute. Nancy Walls looked good during her one season. There was a British female cast member named Pamela Stephenson during the Crystal-Short-Guest season who was cute. It's not a long list.

Bill Simmons: PS: Not a bad SNL season this year. Every time they have a smaller cast, it's always a decent season. I continue to enjoy Bill Hader's work. And Samberg had some funny moments. It's really the ultimate TiVo show, you can blow through it in about 10 minutes.
I think I've actually made the "ultimate TiVo show" comment before...why yes, yes I have (I knew you read GN, Simmons!)...but beyond that, I want to echo that Hader and Samberg are finding their niche, Jason Sudeikis is a solid-never-spectacular guy who is always useful in a cast, Keenan Thompson isn't asked to do too much, and the 3-female cast has really come up huge. The season finale was a letdown (they tried to reprise every funny moment or character from the season, only they didn't bother doing much more with the characters than bringing them out and reminding you they're funny. If the season had ended with the Molly Shannon episode, it would have been a much nicer final note. Oh well. A second season with basically the same cast could be very nice...

And yes, Kristen Wiits not only has a lot of talent and potential, but she is indeed the hottest SNL cast member since...I dunno...ever? A young Julia Louis-Dreyfus? Chris Farley in the Gap Girls skit? I mean, Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph are both attractive, and Tina Fey had the 'hot nerd' thing going on, but...Wiits has them beat.

Add to Technorati Favorites del.icio.us