Friday, May 25, 2007

Music Bullets, 5-25-07

  • Here's an interview with Chali 2Na of Jurassic 5. Actually, I guess that would be solo artist Chali 2Na now. Still a little hard to accept. Hip hop is in dire need of every talented act it can get, so while it's great that Chali's releasing a solo album--he's so good at his craft that I imagine it'll be pretty good--J5 was a proven entity, and hip hop will miss them.
  • Seriously, where's the good hip hop??? I think I've bought like one hip hop album (Brother Ali) this year. I'm desperate. Anybody out there know of anything new worth buying here? I know it won't come from The Fugees, who aren't together again after all. From Pras: "You know, unfortunately Miss Hill, she got some things she needs to deal with. I wish her the best, but life goes on." Lauryn Hill's Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was just an amazing album--as I've mentioned before, Fall 1998 was the high tide moment for hip hop with Lauryn Hill, Outkast, Jay-Z, and Black Star all putting out amazing albums, but it looks like a combination of her own head and the record industry has damaged Ms. Hill pretty significantly.
  • Happy Belated Birthday, Bob!


Add to Technorati Favorites del.icio.us