Monday, July 16, 2007

Music Bullets, 7-16-07

Okay, now that the "Read More..." function is working correctly again, let's get to some music bullets! And no, there's no connection there whatsoever, so don't bother looking...

  • The proprietors of Teenage Kicks have been asked to participate with other bloggers in a WXPN (Philly) discussion of the 885 most memorable music moments. I'm sure my invitation was lost in the mail, right? Ri...right?
  • Pop Matters has begun a nice series of posts discussing the greatest protest songs of all-time...all the way back to Beethoven.
  • Meanwhile, a win for the music netroots. I don't listen to Internet radio, but a lot of people do...and I'm in favor of anything that helps people discover new artists...I've used Pandora on occasion, and it's really cool...though, as I just discovered when going for the link (I swear), you'll want to make sure to type in pandora.com, not pandora.net...just trust me on this one...
  • I have to say, I enjoy this Prince CD giveaway idea...it's really kinda stupid in many ways, but I just can't bring myself to object too strenuously...I do think it's funny that the newspaper is objecting to the fact that it won't count on the charts...
  • And finally, keep the volume down, kiddies...
Add to Technorati Favorites del.icio.us